- Local shell, LogMeIn or an ssh shell to a terminal system on your phone/tablet
- a system with git and heroku (I haven’t tried installing these on my phone)
- DropBox and DropText for easy mobile editing. Alternatively you could use github as a web editing/auto-commiting platform
Begin in your DropBox project hidey hole directory.
For Heroku we’ll need to add pg and theRubyRacer gem. We only need them for production (can use conditional requires), but this will work.
That’s it, the app is live at. You can see it here: http://phoneHome.heroku.com/links.
- LogMeIn over Simons mall wifi is painful. Stopping at the Apple store helped figure out some issues (I forgot rubyracer initially).
- DropText helped edit files. Remember to add editable file types with no extension like Gemfile.
- iPhones can deploy web servers. But it’s still far from ideal. I could use a wonderful shell app for ssh terminaling home. I should be able to find one without too much trouble.